Operational Risk Officer
AmsterdamRisk, Legal & Compliance
Ready to make a difference?
This is how you make a difference
We're here to Make Life Easy for our users - they want a smooth mobile banking experience. bunq needs to deliver on this by fixing issues before they affect them: not hypothetical/remote/academic scenarios, but actual business processes that have weak spots. Your role is to identify and assess weaknesses in bunq’s processes, then track and support their resolution.
Up for the challenge? Kick off your application by taking our assessment and find out if bunq is your perfect match!
As the bank of the Free, we're here to ensure that every user everywhere can have the best banking experience and their money are safe. You will take ownership of:
- Risk and control assessments: you will be identifying, assessing, documenting and regularly reviewing operational risks fixing issues before they fail, solving problems before they happen, and keeping an eye out for what might go down next.
- Key performance indicators: you will quantify operational risks, set risk thresholds, monitor risks vs the thresholds, report on breaches and coordinate remediations.
- Risk incidents monitoring and reporting: if a disruption occurs, you will be the second pair of eyes making sure it is communicated immediately, issue is resolved and safeguards are in place so that it never happens again.
- Corrective actions planning: you will establish, track, and steer our improvement loops, not only for bugs but also for all internal processes, ensuring that we keep all of our operational risk promises to our users.
- Risk modelling: to make sure bunq put enough money aside to pay bills for restorations from operational disruptions you will perform scenario analysis and stress test for operational losses.
This challenge is perfect for you if
You solve problems by thinking, then acting.
You understand processes quickly, and implement new ideas thoroughly and orderly.
You can speak numbers.
You are an effective and quick communicator.
You want to deal with many stakeholders on a day-to-day basis.
Your space to perform
We give you the space and the tools you need to succeed.
- Salary and stock options that grow as you grow.
- Hybrid working possibilities that only get better with time.
- Work from any of our offices - we cover the transport costs, even if you cycle.
- 3-2-1 Bonus; Earn a bonus of 100 EUR extra salary per month (adjusted to local cost of living).
- We support your learning (€2.500 per year study budget), growth and fitness progress with a wellness program and a fierce discount with OneFit.
- A Macbook to keep with you while you're with us.
- Fabulous in-house chefs cooking delicious lunches and dinners.
- Friday drinks and other celebrations - bunq style.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. No matter who you are, where you’re from, who you love, follow in faith, disability status, ethnicity or the gender you identify with, you’re welcome at bunq!
Your submission has been received, we'll send you an email shortly. Good luck 💪
How do you become a bunqer? It all starts with a few quick tests that allow us to determine if bunq is a fit for you. If the results show that we’re a match on these fronts, we take it a step further and explore specific roles together. Before we decide on making you an offer, you’ll get a chance to show your skills on your Make A Difference day.
What to expect from the tests
To kick off your application, we’ll first help you check if bunq is the right environment for you to succeed. Our bunq assessment takes approximately 30 minutes and includes 2 tests: an abstract reasoning test and a personality test (MBTI). If we match here, we’ll move on to the next test - this is related to your skills, and differs per role.