Interim Head of Legal - Germany
MunichRisk, Legal & Compliance
Ready to make a difference?
Our user wants a bank that is centered around their needs without the hassle of money admin. This is your chance to meet their expectations by ensuring our operations stay compliant, so we can continuously serve our users without limitations 🌱
Up for the challenge? Kick off your application by taking our assessment and find out if bunq is your perfect match 🚀
As we expand our operations in Germany, we’re looking for a seasoned leader to take ownership of strategic legal & compliance matters while still taking a hands-on approach as needed. You will take ownership of:
- Engage in legal correspondence, including complaints, disputes, and requests from local authorities
- Implement & expand local regulatory frameworks and stay updated on new & developing legislation
- Maintain & improve our existing processes to keep our users safe & compliant
- Become our appointed local legal representative and our MLRO (Money Laundering Reporting Officer) 💻
This challenge is perfect for you if
- You have a degree in law
- You have knowledge of German financial laws & regulation
- You know how to effectively collaborate with governmental bodies & financial regulators
- You have great analytical skills and you can move from the bigger picture into the fine details effortlessly
- You’re able to balance your advanced legal knowledge with strong business accumen
- You can communicate effectively in both English and German 🇺🇸🇩🇪
Your space to perform 👩🏻💻
We give you the space and the tools you need to succeed.
Salary and stock options that grow as you grow
Hybrid working possibilities that only get better with time
Work from any of our offices - we cover the transport costs, even if you cycle
3-2-1 Bonus; Earn a bonus of 100 EUR extra salary per month
We support your learning (€2.500 per year study budget), growth, and fitness progress with a fierce discount with OneFit
A MacBook to keep with you while you're with us
Fabulous in-house chefs cooking delicious lunches and dinners
Friday drinks and other celebrations - bunq style 🌈
How do you become a bunqer? It all starts with a few quick tests that allow us to determine if bunq is a fit for you. If the results show that we’re a match on these fronts, we take it a step further and explore specific roles together. Before we decide on making you an offer, you’ll get a chance to show your skills on your Make A Difference day.
What to expect from the tests
To kick off your application, we’ll first help you check if bunq is the right environment for you to succeed. Our bunq assessment takes approximately 30 minutes and includes 2 tests: an abstract reasoning test and a personality test (MBTI). If we match here, we’ll move on to the next test - this is related to your skills, and differs per role.