Backend Engineer - Turkey
Ready to make a difference?
Use your coding skills to build and improve bank of The Free from behind the scenes. This is your chance to help provide the best banking app experience by ensuring foolproof functionalities for our users.
be owner and in the lead of building (user facing) features
collaborate with product to propose and design the backend structure for new features
support other departments by developing and maintaining processes
This challenge is perfect for you if
- You have a good foundation of PHP, MySQL, and Git
- You're able to tinker and test your own projects
- You use your creativity to build industry breaking user facing features
- You coordinate efforts to increase efficiency and scalability
- You deliver the best banking product
Your space to perform
We give you the space and the tools you need to succeed.
- Salary that grows as you grow; we offer a starting gross monthly salary between €1,500 - €1,700
- Hybrid working possibilities that only get better with time
- We support your learning and growth
- A Macbook Pro to keep with you while you're with us
We’re an equal opportunity employer. No matter who you are, where you’re from, who you love, follow in faith, disability status, ethnicity or the gender you identify with (tell us your pronouns), you’re welcome at bunq
How do you become a bunqer? It all starts with a few quick tests that allow us to determine if bunq is a fit for you. If the results show that we’re a match on these fronts, we take it a step further and explore specific roles together. Before we decide on making you an offer, you’ll get a chance to show your skills on your Make A Difference day.
What to expect from the tests
To kick off your application, we’ll first help you check if bunq is the right environment for you to succeed. Our bunq assessment takes approximately 30 minutes and includes 2 tests: an abstract reasoning test and a personality test (MBTI). If we match here, we’ll move on to the next test - this is related to your skills, and differs per role.